Sales automation is a technique that uses software programmed to do certain tasks for a business company. You can program processing of orders, contacting leads (via email, phone, fax), inventory monitoring and control, tracking of reports, sales progress analysis, etc.
Advantages of Sales Automation
1.It Filters Lead Clients. Based on the scoring criteria that you have set for an ideal lead, you can prioritize the one with the higher score—the one who is most likely to convert.
2.It Enables Document Making and Editing. The software produces agreements based on your standards and requirements—saving you a lot of time and effort in making extensive contracts. Also, the system will remind both sides involved when the contract expiration is near.
3.Automated Sales Cycle. From the first collaboration with a potential client up to the collection of his payment, the automated program handles each action in the sales cycle. Therefore, you won’t have to worry about transferring emails, notices, and follow-ups manually as this software can do it automatically.
4.It Allows Call Recording. With the use of intelligence tools, this software can record, translate, and evaluate sales calls, thereby eliminating the need to review made calls and proceed to the next one.
5.Team Productivity. Because most of the time-consuming tasks are taken care of, the team members can focus more on the selling points of their business.
6.Automated Reports. Reports on the number of meetings done calls made, follow-ups that should be made, sales progress, and the like can be easily monitored and tracked.
Disadvantages of Sales Automation
- If not used properly, the sales automation system may cause miscommunication between you and the potential client.
- It being software may also eliminate the human element as some prospects prefer face-to-face interaction.
- Since you need to set the criteria for each task according to your business goals, you may find the data entry time-consuming.
- Without proper training and experience, you may find it hard to work with the system as some of them are tough to adapt to.
- The automated sales software needs to be updated, upgraded, and maintained from time to time to assure the quality of its services. High costs may be involved.
- A compound and a complete automated program are very costly.
Depending on the type of business that you have, it is best to weigh on its pros and cons before investing in sales automation. It doesn’t guarantee that you’ll earn more when you have it, but it will make you and your team’s work easier.