Most people always use mold removal and mold remediation interchangeably to refer to fixing mold problems in a structure. However, the two terminologies have distinctive characteristics from each other. You should also distinguish whether you need mold removal Mesa AZ, or mold remediation rather.
Before solving your mold problems, it is essential to have a better understanding of mold. After flooding incident, mold will grow inevitably in 48 hours. Here are some mold facts and information to know:
- Mold is ubiquitous, may it be indoors and outdoors. Its spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home by any possible means. It may be through windows, doors, AC/heating systems, or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores boom on moisture and can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. It may also produce allergens and irritants and have the potential to cause other health effects.
- Before mold remediation can begin, you must address any sources of water or moisture, like leakages. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often exhausts a strong, musty odor that can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent, as higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth.
Mold naturally forms in every environment and is continuously growing. Since microscopic mold spores exist everywhere, removing all mold from a home or business is impossible. If a company offers you services for complete mold removal in Mesa, AZ, do not trust it immediately. A qualified restoration company knows well about the science behind mold and mold growth. Instead, professionals focus on controlling problem areas that experience excessive mold growth.
Instead of fooling customers on complete mold removal, companies offer mold remediation. Mold remediation focuses on making mold levels back to normal, natural levels. Every mold damage situation is different, so it needs a unique solution. However, the overall mold remediation process is always the same, which are as follows:
Step 1: Emergency Contact
Step 2: Inspection And Mold Damage Assessment
Step 3: Mold Containment
Step 4: Air Filtration
Step 5: Removing Mold And Mold-Infested Materials
Step 6: Cleaning Contents And Belongings
Step 7: Restoration
In times of mold infestation, it’s crucial to find a restoration company that can differentiate mold removal and mold remediation. Seek professionals who know what levels of mold damage in your home or commercial property are necessarily dangerous or not.